Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tolerance & Patience. June 26, 2007

I've always been proud of my tolerance & patience for people in public. In private is different. I'll cuss them up and down behind their back like a truck driver. Babies & children were some things I lacked T&P with. I'm a little shocked at how well I am handling the crying and baby stuff that usually drives people crazy. The first night in the hospital with them was tough. Emma was crying and I wanted to fix whatever was making her cry. It almost brought me to tears that there was nothing I could do to help her. It was after that night I realized there are going to be times where I can't help them. All I can do is hold and comfort them. That was T&P lesson #1. T&P lesson #2 is new. It is so frustrating for me when I finally get one of them quited down and you think it's over only to have them wake right up and cry again. So now my attitude is expect them to cry again even if they look asleep. Hopefully it works.
Posted: 7:18 AM, Tuesday, June 26, 2007

No comments: